Thursday 29 December 2016

Pub 129, Day 48 – The Barrel


By Rob

Now, I always feel like I’m short-changing you, the reader, when I deliver a brief blog. But then I realise that not every blog needs to be lengthy, that not every pub can be an adventure. I also realise that not everyone wants to read an enormous piece of literature. I further realise that few people will ever read this anyway.

So, with all that in mind, I shall limit myself to saying the following:

Having left the Miners Arms, and looking at the time, we decided it was possible to visit at least one more Chapeltown pub before places started closing their doors. Luckily for us, The Barrel was nearby.

It was a reasonably nice pub, but nothing special. It looked very much like somewhere you’d find in Woodhouse, Intake, or anywhere else we’d already been. Standard, old-fashioned interior and a small bar.

By the time we arrived, it was quiet inside. There were a few guest ales on, but not many. We each ordered a pint of Staropramen – after five pints of ale, the light pilsner was a welcome change.

And that’s about it. End of story.

Besides, if you are feeling short-changed then don’t worry: there’s plenty yet to come.

Pub: The Barrel (191 Lane End, S35 2UL)
Rating: 6/10
Brewery: Staropramen Brewery (based in Prague, Czech Republic)

NEXT UP: Hotelquest? At the Staindrop Lodge...

No comments:

Post a Comment